January’s Advertised Specials – Click for Details
If you are thinking of having the custom window treatments in your home replaced with newer versions, you should consider Hunter Douglas motorized blinds. Not only will they look great in your house, they will be very easy for you to own and operate. In fact, the convenience factor is one of the strongest reasons you should invest in this technology, as you can set them yourself to open and closed based on the time of day and where you are in your residence. Whether you installed them in one room or all of them, you won't regret the decision!
Here are a few reasons why Hunter Douglas motorized blinds can improve your home:
- Control how much sun enters: Winter is a time of rising energy costs, which can help be reduced with motorized window treatments. When the sun is on one side of the house you can set the blinds to remain open — absorbing the heat — and have them close when it has moved to another side.
- Have a glare-free dinner: When you and your family sit down to enjoy a meal every evening, chances are you are dealing with glare from the setting sun. Instead of this discomfort, or having to leave the table to adjust the blinds, you can set them to have the blinds close at dinner time, and reopen later on if you like.
- Watch clearer television: If you notice that there is a blinding glare from the sun when you sit down to watch your favorite television show, close them with the touch of a button without missing one second of the action.
If your parents are getting a little bit older, chances are they can't do all of the things they used to be able to do. This can often include taking care of stuff around the house, whether that means making the bed or doing a full clean up from top to bottom. Just because your parents are aging doesn't necessarily mean that they want to leave their beloved home to move into a retirement community. Luckily, if this is the case, there are plenty of upgrades you can make to your home to make it more senior-friendly.
Here are a few of the options you have:
- Motorized blinds: One of the best upgrades you can make to your parents' house is have their current custom window treatments replaced with the kind they can control by a remote. This will allow your mom or dad to control the blinds with the touch of a button, instead of having to contend with any cords or strings.
- Stair lift: If your parents are having trouble making it up and down the stairs, removing this task entirely will make their days much easier. All you need to do is have a stair lift installed, so they will be able to transport themselves easily back and forth from the first and second stories.
- Wider doors: For those seniors who can only move around with the assistance of a wheelchair or walker, they might find that the doors are not wide enough to accommodate them. If this is the case, you might want to consider having the doors altered so all of the equipment can fit.
When it comes to putting together your house, there are many different stylistic touches you can use to add a bit of warmth to the space. You want your home to be a place that reflects your personality as well as your design tastes, which is why it is so important to focus in on the many details that exist. This is especially true as we get closer to Christmas, as you will want your home to radiate an atmosphere of happiness and joy while you host your loved ones for the holiday.
Here are a few items that every home needs:
- Custom window treatments: If you want to quickly revamp any room in your home, all you need to do is invest in new custom drapes or other type of covering. Not only will they help bring the entire design of the room together, the custom window coverings will be able to add an extra layer of privacy and security to your common gathering area.
- Good lighting: You want to be able to totally control the amount of light that comes into your home. If you want to block out some of the harsher lights that are on the street in favor of softer materials that can make your residence more homey, custom draperies are the best way to do so! That way, only the light you want in your home will be there.
- Personal touches: Especially during the holidays, you will want to have pictures out of all your guests. You can reminisce about the good times you have all shared together, as well as what the future might hold.
If you are looking to invest in new window treatments, be sure to schedule an at-home appointment with Ruffell & Brown!
Whether you are a new parent or have experience wrangling your small kids, one of the most important aspects of parenting will be keeping the little ones safe! Even if you are not aware of it, your home can present some hidden dangers that you will want to take care of in order to ensure that your children will be safe and comfortable no matter what room they are in. The good news is that you can improve the safety of your household with just a few simple steps.
Here are a few ways you can keep your kids safe at home:
- Custom window coverings: One of the best ways you can make sure that everybody is safe in your home is by investing in custom window treatments that don't have any cords. The window covering industry has been very adept at creating options that are cordless and okay for small children to be around. This is your best bet if you are investing in new treatments.
- Keep your furniture upright: In addition to the safe custom blinds, you can make your living room or any common areas even safer by anchoring furniture in place that could otherwise be toppled over — bookcases, armoires, entertainment centers. Firmly plant them to the wall or floor in an effort to prevent an accident.
- Store products safely: While you likely already do this, it is worth noting that you should be keeping any potentially harmful products such as cleaning supplies stored away where they cannot be accessed by your children.
- Motorized Window Coverings
- Hunter Douglas Blinds
- Hunter Douglas Shades
- Hunter Douglas Shadings
- Hunter Douglas Panels
- Hunter Douglas Shutters
- Alustra Collection
- What’s New and Exciting!
- About Us
- Learning and Resource Centre