WINDOW SHUTTERS – WHERE TROPICAL FLAIR MEETS FUNCTION
Shutters are classic window treatments that are used in Caribbean getaways and Paris apartments. On the practical side, they act as an energy efficient insulator as well as a noise insulator. They are very versatile and offer you the ability to regulate the natural light in your rooms from bright sunlight to secure darkness. Best of all, you can enjoy them for years to come as they require very little maintenance and last the life of your home. Consider them a worry-free investment that adds a new dimension to your home’s décor.
A stylish way to solve many of the practical problems a window presents, our selection of window shutters are available in long-lasting materials and elevated finishes, and can be made to fit a variety of windows, including specialty shapes and sliding-glass doors. We think of shutters as beautiful hand crafted furniture for your window, where every part, from the color of the hinges to the louver size, is a custom choice so when we design shutters they are truly designed for your home and style. Shutters are a classic way to achieve light control, privacy, and UV control. Because they can be made from different materials such as real wood, composite or faux wood, or vinyl, we are able to make sure you are getting a product that is exactly right for the climate and humidity of your space. Want to match the exact paint or stain in your home? You can also do that with shutters.
There are a variety of operating systems for shutters
Some of the more popular choices are:
- Motorized: With a motorized shutter system, you can move the louvers according to schedules you set—day or night, whether you are home or away. They can be controlled with your voice, a tablet, your smartphone or a remote control.
- Bi-Fold Track: For large windows with gorgeous views, the Bi-Fold Track system is a perfect solution for operating your shutters. Shutter panels are hinged together and connected to a top track, which supports the panels and guides their folding movements allowing you to open them wide and enjoy unobstructed views.
- Bi-Pass Track: The Bypass Track system lets your shutter panels slide past each other without interruption, opening in the same direction of your patio door for ease of use. The bypass open louver system allows the louvers to remain open while sliding or stacking, maximizing the panoramic view.
- Hinged Panels: This classic plantation shutter look consists of shutter panels that are hinged to a frame or window opening.
- Hidden Tilt: This hidden tilt system completely eliminates the traditional tilt bar. It features a gear-driven system for one-touch control and an unobstructed view.
- Rear Tilt: The rear tilt system lets you open and close your shutters by simply tilting one louver to the desired position, and the rest will follow.
- Front Tilt Bar: As simple as it gets—shutters that open and close tightly, thanks to a single bar attached to the front of the shutters that allows for easy operation.