Traditional to Trendsetting – and styles in between
Draperies and sheers have expanded beyond the established pleated panels to include exciting new fabrics, hardware and headings in imaginative combinations. So, whether you envision traditional pleated drapes with sheers or contemporary flat panels hung on decorative hardware, our decorators can help you choose the style, fabric and trims that will suit your room’s décor. And because our decorators keep up with the latest trends, they can suggest fabrics and styles that you may not have seen yet.
With all of the new products available, do you wonder if it’s still “fashionable” to cover your windows with draperies? Well, all of the reasons people used draperies in the past are still valid today. They are both practical and decorative. Drawn draperies provide privacy, insulate against temperature extremes, and offer additional sound proofing from internal and external noises. They soften all the sharp angles and edges in the home and create a warm, welcoming environment. The length and placement of your draperies can make a window or room appear larger or smaller; allowing you to redefine your living space.
There are many reasons why custom draperies are important for a home. Here is a list of some of the reasons:
- Draperies protect your floors, furniture, artwork and accessories from harmful UV rays which cause fading over a period of time.
- Draperies keep your home warmer in the winter. The main area of a home where heat is lost is through the window glass. Draperies are very effective at insulating against the cold when they are drawn across the window glass. The more layers of fabric used to make the drapery, for example using an interlining between the fabric and the lining, the more insulation the drapery will provide.
- Draperies provide privacy. Lined draperies offer two layers of material which provide privacy when drawn across the window or door. Often we install sheer unlined draperies to provide daytime privacy, and a lined drape in front which can be drawn closed at night over the sheer to prevent view through into your home.
- Draperies reduce the glare on your television. All too often we hear how hard it is to see TV screens and computer monitors in areas with direct sunlight. Draperies are very effective at controlling this light and eliminating the glare when they are drawn closed. Often we add a drapery in front of a window blind or shade for maximum light control. There are a wide range of lining materials available, from light-filtering to blackout so we are able to create the desired amount of light control for each individual space.
- Draperies add warmth and style to your windows and your home. There is a wide array of fabrics in an assortment of patterns, prints, textures and plains available to choose from and our designers are here to help you find the perfect one!
Being one of the largest volume window covering retailers in Western Canada, we are able to offer our customers the widest range of products at competitive prices for every budget. We are proud to partner with the following companies: