Modernize your Interior Design with Cordless Window Treatments
Cordless blinds and shades have come a long way from the first heavy vinyl roller shades that blocked light but weren’t so easy on the eyes. Today’s cordless window fashions are on-trend, with luxurious fabrics and textures and eye-catching designs. They also have the ability to open and close with the touch of your hand, the sound of your voice, or operate from an app while you’re away on business. No matter your style or preference, today’s cordless window treatments work seamlessly and look fantastic doing it.
Is it Time to Upgrade Your Blinds or Shades?
When you stop and really look at the windows around your home, what do you see? Is the colour or pattern outdated? Are you bothered by bulky blinds with dangling cords and pulls? Do you find yourself wrestling with them every time you want to let some light in, or find the perfect height? Maybe you’ve clipped cords up to keep them out of reach of your children or pets, telling yourself that you’ll sort them out in time.
Next, ask yourself if your window treatments function the way you want them to. Are they letting cheerful ambient light in, or are they darkening your living space too much when they’re in use? You should be able to enjoy natural light throughout your home all day long, without compromise. That’s exactly what we offer at Ruffell and Brown, home of the largest selection of custom cordless blinds and shades on the West Coast.
Cordless Systems are #1 in Safety for Window Coverings
From the nursery to the family room, there are elegant cordless options for every space in your home. More importantly, you should feel confident that your window coverings are safe for everyone in your home, whether that’s your pets, your kids, or visiting grandchildren. No one wants to worry about loose window cords and our wide variety of window treatments take care of that concern. Cordless window coverings are also now officially recognized by the Government of Canada to be the safest option. As of May 1, 2021, it will still be possible to buy corded blinds and shades, but the lengths of cords and sizes of loops on all new window coverings will be restricted for child safety.
Cordless Window Treatments are Available in an Endless Array of Designs
We’ve been leaders in the window fashion business since 1987 and we’ve seen all the trends come and go as designs have evolved. The one feature that our designers know is here to stay is cordless operation. The cordless window treatments on the market today are user-friendly, sleek and can completely update your interior design.
The multiple functions in modern cordless blinds and shades, plus the endless options for patterns, colours, materials and opacities make them an ideal choice for any home. You’ll love the simplicity and style of cordless window treatments by top brands like Hunter Douglas, Shadeomatic, Graber, Brite Blinds and more.
The Most Popular Choices for Cordless Blinds, Shades and Shutters
Our most popular options are the best-selling Hunter Douglas Honeycomb Cellular Shades, followed closely by Silhouette Shades. In a recent blog post, we highlighted the differences between the Honeycomb and Silhouette models, so you can easily compare and contrast each style to discover the best fit for your home. Both models provide superior UV protection, excellent energy efficiency and are available in many different opacities. These are offered in both cordless and a exclusive UltraGlide retractable cord or wand system, for assured safety. They complement standard and specialty-shaped windows, doors and even skylights.
Other sought-after cordless models are Skyline gliding window panels, vignette roman shades and vinyl shutters, which all bring their own special qualities to the mix. For instance, Skyline gliding window panels are a contemporary twist on panel track blinds, ideal for large types of windows or as a room divider for added privacy. Available in textured, sheer or semi-opaque fabrics, they seamlessly add drama to any space. On the other end of the spectrum are our vinyl interior shutters. Created with a unique polysatin compound, these shutters are naturally cordless and designed for use in any area of the home, including humid, warm spaces like sunrooms, bathrooms and even pools.
Choose from Automated or Manual Cordless Operation for your Window Coverings
3 Popular Automated Cordless Options for Blinds and Shades
- PowerView Motorization– An extremely popular system from Hunter Douglas, operate your window coverings with your mobile device, Pebble remote or Smart Home system. Pre-program your blinds or shades to adjust positions throughout the day, and control your window covering position while away from home. The convenient Pebble remote even lets you operate six groupings of window coverings individually as a group.
- QMotion– From Ruffell & Brown, this battery powered lift and lower system can be preprogrammed. It will also learn preset opening positions based on the height of your window. An industry leader in battery life, the Q Motion battery will last for up to 5 years based on 4 motions per day.
- SoftTouch- A discreet battery-powered system, just pull on the wand to lower cordless shades or push up on the wand to raise them.
3 Popular Manual Cordless Options for Blinds and Shades
- Cordless Lifting System– From Hunter Douglas, this system uses a simple spring-assist system for larger, heavier cordless roller and screen shades.
- LiteRise– From Hunter Douglas, simply push up to raise and pull down to lower. Your vertical blinds and shades will stay at the level you choose, with no adjusting.
- UltraGlide – From Hunter Douglas -Features a single retractable cord or wand depending on your window treatment choice. The cord and wand always remain a constant length when raising and lowering your window treatments. With no long, dangling cords, UltraGlide® offers enhanced child and pet safety
At Ruffell & Brown, we look forward to helping you find the perfect custom cordless window fashions for your home. We encourage you to come in and view our extensive selection of designer window fashions, fabrics and finishes. Just stop by our showroom in downtown Victoria, BC at 1-2745 Bridge St. We’re open Monday to Friday from 9:00-5:00 and by appointment on Saturdays. You can also book a free estimate at your convenience by phone or email. Our design team will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible, to answer your questions and get you started in the design process.